- in Main Dishes , Recipes by Melissa Costello
- 3 comments
Fresh Tomato, Basil & Zucchini Sauce over Brown Rice Rotelle
- 2 TBL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Vine Ripe tomatoes or Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini, halved and cut into 1/2″ slices
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 can Organic diced tomatoes with oregano & basil
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 1 lb. Brown Rice Pasta (Tinkyada brand is the best)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Do not overcook.
In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red onion and saute until translucent. Add Zucchini and cook for a few minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes, basil and salt & pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve immediately over Brown Rice Pasta! Top with a tiny sprinkle of Organic Parmesan Cheese.