Pasta is so comforting in the colder months, and feeds our bodies natural need for complex carbohydrates. The savory sun-dried tomato cream sauce is totally dairy free and gluten free using raw cashews as the base. Nutritional yeast gives it a delectable cheesy flavor.
- 1-1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for one hour in water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Drain and rinse cashews. Place them in high-powered blender with water to cover them about 1/2″ over. Add remaining ingredients and blend until creamy smooth. If too thick, add more water little by little.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes