Another delicious way to use one of the highest nutrient dense foods available to us, Kale!
This kale salad will have you hooked with it’s tropical fruity delight. Use fresh, organic berries to comply with the Dirty Dozen rule (berries are one of the highest sprayed pesticide crops.)
Take it to a potluck or picnic and it’s sure to please even the pickiest of palates!
- Serves 4 (as a side salad)
- 1 head curly Kale, stems stripped, broken into small pieces and massaged with
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 pint fresh organic strawberries, de-hulled and cut into quarters
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ c. finely diced red onion
- ¼ c. shredded coconut
- ¼ c. pinenuts, lightly toasted
- ¼ c. golden raisins (or regular)
Place all ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss with dressing.
BLUEBERRY BALSAMIC DRESSING
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Grade B Maple Syrup or any other low glycemic sweetener
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
Blend dressing ingredients together in a blender until smooth.