- 1 pound sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Dash cayenne pepper (use more if you like spice)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (more if necessary)
- 1 TBL. agave nectar
- 1-15 oz. can chick peas
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini*
- Pita slices, toasted, or bagel chips
- Fresh ground black pepper
Bake or microwave sweet potatoes until fully cooked. Allow the potatoes to cool, then remove the skins and discard them, retaining the flesh.
Add sweet potato to the food processor together with the lemon juice, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, agave, chick peas and tahini. Add Olive oil while blending. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more oil if needed or a small amount of water if hummus is too thick.).
Drizzle hummus with Olive oil and sprinkle with Pumpkin seeds. Serve hummus with rice crackers or fresh veggies!