- in Recipes , Snacks & Sides by Melissa Costello
This olive spread is delicious and made with a base of raw almonds. Peeling them can kind of stink, so after you’re done soaking them, drain and rinse, put on some tunes and pop em’ out of their skins. It’s a meditation of sorts…eh, not really, but it’s fun when one of the almonds goes flying across the room!
- 1-1/2 cups raw almonds, soaked for 4 hours and peeled
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Bragg apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram or thyme
- dash cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the s-blade except olive oil, salt and pepper. Process ingredients while pouring olive oil in through the top, until ingredients become the consistency of a paste. Scrape sides of bowl as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crackers or crusty bread.