This salad is light, nutritious and easy to make. Quinoa is a perfect protein on its own and when paired with all the other delightful ingredients in this salad, there’s even more nutritional punch to every bite. It’s a great summer salad to take to a bbq or picnic. If berries are out of season, feel free to use apples or pears.
- 1 c. quinoa, rinsed, cooked & cooled
- 1 c. strawberries, quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 c. jicama, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 scallions, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs freshly chopped mint
Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over top and stir to combine.
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 3 tbs lime juice
- juice of one orange
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
Mix dressing ingredients together in a blender or shaker bottle.