- in Desserts , Juices & Smoothies , Recipes by Melissa Costello
- 9 comments
Delicious Creamy Golden Milk
Golden Milk, made with turmeric and ginger, is used as an anti-inflammatory in the Ayurvedic tradition. Usually made with cow’s milk, I make mine with almond or coconut milk, so it’s vegan. It’s great to curb sugar cravings at night and awesome for digestion.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp powdered turmeric
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 10 oz. of almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
- Raw honey or grade B maple syrup, to taste
- Freshly grated nutmeg (regular is fine too)
In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil until melted and sizzle the turmeric and ginger in the coconut oil for 20 seconds, stirring to prevent burning. Add almond milk to saucepan and heat just before boiling. Sweeten with honey or maple syrup and top with a dash of nutmeg.