Fall is my favorite time of year. And I love when Pumpkins come back in season. I usually buy about 5 or 6 sugar pie pumpkins and roast them up to store in the freezer for the whole season. Then I can make pies, smoothies, ice creams, and other yummy desserts. This smoothie is delicious and packed with protein, depression fighting nutrients and tons of flavor. Enjoy it for breakfast or an afternoon snack. It’s so decadently divine.
- 12 oz almond or coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1/4 c. pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 c. cashews ( i freeze mine – as they take place of ice)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 3 drops stevia or 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional, for an extra boost)
- Optional ice if you want a thicker shake
Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until creamy smooth.