Cancer-fighter and versatile, Cauliflower outshines the white potato in this healthy version of the favorite traditional, blood-sugar spiking, weight gaining mashed potatoes. Yes, we all love mash potatoes, but give these a try topped with my simple and savory mushroom gravy and you will not feel like you are missing out at all!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium size head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut creamer or almond milk
- Handful cilantro
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Steam cauliflower in a steamer basket until tender, approximately 5-7 minutes or so. Set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté garlic until soft and golden brown. Combine garlic, cauliflower, cilantro and beans in food processor fitted with the S-blade and puree until smooth. Add coconut creamer or almond milk and sea salt, and puree again until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the processor cup as needed. Serve warm with Mushroom gravy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, mince
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms or any other kind you like
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh herbs of choice
- 1-1/4 cups veggie broth
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Aminos
In a saucepan heat oil over medium heat and whish in brown rice flour to make a roux (thick paste.) Add onion and garlic and stir to coat. Saute until translucent, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms and sauté for about 5-minutes more, or until they start to release juices. Add remaining ingredients and let gravy simmer for about 5 minutes, letting it thicken, but being careful not to burn.