- in Main Dishes , Recipes by Melissa Costello
- 5 comments
Karma Chow Veggie Burgers
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 3/4 c. cooked brown rice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded & cut into chunks
- 1 c. spinach
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 red or yellow onion, cut in chunks
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1-1/2 to 2 c. gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 TBS Tomato paste or unsweetened ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Using a food processor, blend pepper, onion, spinach & cilantro until all mixed together and somewhat liquidy. Pour into a medium bowl.
In food processor, separately pulse brown rice & chick peas together then add to bowl containing veggie mixture.
Add chili powder, tomato paste & sea salt and stir together to mix well. Add bread crumbs and combine until burgers stick together. If the burgers feel too wet, add more bread crumbs.
Form into patties and cook on a skillet with coconut oil on the bottom of the pan over medium heat until browned on both sides.
Serve on an Ezekial Sprouted grain roll with Avocado, Agave Ketchup, Lettuce, Onion & Tomato!