- in Desserts , Recipes by Melissa Costello
- 3 comments
Anise Scented Coconut Almond Cookies
These crunchy yummy cookies, are pretty simple to make once you grind the almonds and oats. I think you will enjoy the licorice scented flavor from the anise, but if you are not a fan of anise, just use almond extract for an extra nutty flavor!
- 1 c. Spelt Flour or Oat Flour (use gluten free oat flour for gluten free cookies)
- 3/4 c. Oats, coarsely ground (use a blender to grind oats)
- 1/2 c. ground almonds (use a food processor or coffee grinder)
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut
- ½ c. Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp. Anise extract (use almond if anise is not available)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ c. Coconut Oil (melted) or avocado oil
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Garnish: Pinenuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients together into a bowl and mix well. Drop by the teaspoonful onto a cookies sheet lined with parchment paper. Place a pine nut in the center of the cookie (optional). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Great to store in the freezer and eat chilled!