Raw Kale Salad with Miso Dressing
- 1 or 2 heads kale, any variety (I like Curly Kale for this salad)
- 1/4 cup dried Organic cranberries
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts
- Extra Virgin First Cold-Pressed Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Miso Dressing (see recipe below)
Strip kale of stems, tear into small pieces and soak in a bowl for a minute or two to get rid of any sand or dirt. Drain kale and using a salad spinner, spin the kale dry. Place kale in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and a dash of sea salt. Massage kale with your hands for a few minutes until it softens. This helps the kale become easier to digest.
Add cranberries & pinenuts and toss with Miso Dressing.
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tbl dijon mustard
- 1 tbl white sweet miso
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 TBL Olive oil
- Blend in a Magic Bullet or shake well to mix.