Salted Vegan Cardamom Caramel Sauce
We all love caramel sauce, er…well, at least I do, but I NEVER eat it because it’s loaded with refined sugar and dairy and it makes me loopy. Really!
SO, I just had to share my favorite vegan caramel sauce with you — two ways! One is plain and one has a dash of cacao for a little extra richness…as if it needs it. It’s super simple to make and all you need is a high-powered blender.
Drizzle this caramel sauce over fruit or coconut ice cream. Dreamy and Delish!
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk (more if needed for thinner texture)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Optional: 1 tablespoon cacao powder
Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until creamy smooth. Add more almond milk if too thick. Store in refrigerator in a squeeze bottle for up to two weeks.