Chia seeds, bananas and coconut oil lend to the moistness in this dense and delicious banana bread creation. It's loaded with fiber, protein and flavor! Great for a holiday breakfast morning, lightly warmed and slathered with coconut butter.
- 1-1/4 cups Bob's Gluten Free Baking Mix or Sprouted Power Flour (Whole Foods Bulk Section)
- 1/2 cup oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed or pureed in food processor
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place flour, oats, quinoa, baking soda & baking powder in large bowl. In another medium sized bowl, combine pureed bananas, chia seeds, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and sea salt. Stir until well combined. Pour over flour mixture in large bowl. Stir well to combine. Fold in walnuts if using. Place in a lightly greased loaf pan. Bake for about 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.