This soup is hearty and perfect for a cold winter's day. It's a delectable combination of savory and sweet and so nutritious too!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 large garnet yams, peeled and cubed
- 3 cans white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 6 cups veggie broth or 3 bullion cubes with 6 cups water
- 2 cups lacinto kale, chopped
- 1-2 tbs nutritional yeast depending on personal taste sea salt to taste
In a stockpot over medium heat, sauté onion, garlic and celery in oil until soft. Add sage and thyme and stir to combine. Add yams, white beans & broth. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cover pot and simmer until yams are soft, about 20-30 minutes. Add kale and cover to let it wilt. Add sea salt to taste and stir in nutritional yeast. Serve hot.