I love this simple and delicious "fake-take' on Tuna Salad using chick peas as the base...DELISH and a staple in my fridge. Serve it rolled up in a Gluten Free Rice Tortilla or scoop onto a bed of baby greens!
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 2 tbl capers, drained
- 1 tbl freshly chopped dill
- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts or almond slivers
- 3 tbl grapeseed Vegenaise
- 1 tbl dijon
- 1 tbl apple cider vinegar
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dulse flakes (optional)
Using a food processor fitted with the S-blade, grind chickpeas until flaky. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients a mix well with a fork to incorporate. Season with salt & pepper.